India Postal Recruitment 2018: Apply Now for over 1000 GDS posts! HURRY
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: In what could be a major news for all candidates awaiting a job in the postal sector, the India Post has released a recruitment notification and invited applications for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks to fill up more than 1000 vacancies under the India Post Recruitment 2018. Interested and eligible candidates should apply soon.
Aspirants are advised to go through the details including age limit, educational qualification, application fee, selection process, vacancy under each category and how to apply mentioned below. Scroll down for the detailed notification.
Age Limit: Applicants’ age should be between 18 and 40 years as on March 9, 2018. However, the maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
Educational Qualification:Candidate should have passed Class 10th from any approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt.
Note: No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. Candidates passed class 10 examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Computer Knowledge: The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose.
This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
1. Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
2. No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
3. In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
4. Candidate can opt any choice of eligible posts in circle/circles and preference of priority will be made circle wise as per the order of posts applied as appeared in the submitted application. Selection will be made circle wise and preference will be given as per order of choice in the circle.
5. In case a candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enters marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
6. Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case candidate apply with grades is liable for disqualification of application.
7. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities.
General and OBC category male candidates should pay a fee of Rs 100 for each set of five options. For this, a candidate has to visit any identified Post Offices in the circle where online notification is current to make the payment. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/
For making the payment, candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
However, SC/ST/ PH/Women candidates have been exempted from payment of fees. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number (and Fee payment Number once, in case of fee to be paid) to proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents once uploaded against one registration number will remain, hence for submission of subsequent posts or for other Circles, candidates need not upload any documents further. The candidates need to upload documents in the following format.
How to Apply:
Candidates already registered in http://appost.in/gdsonlinen
1. For registering the candidature, the candidate should have the following essential data.
i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
ii) Father’s Name
iii) Mobile Number
iv) Date of Birth
vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
viii) State in which Xth class passed
ix) Board in which Xth class passed
x) Year of Passing Xth class
xi) Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
Note: The appointing authority of each post reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post at any time without assigning any reason.
For detailed notification, CLICK HERE
No of Posts available:
OBC – 247 posts
PH-HH – 14 posts
PH-OH – 15 posts
PH-VH- 14 posts
SC – 133 posts
ST – 76 posts
UR – 559 posts
Total – 1058