CBSE Teachers Awards 2017-18: Eligibility revised for Rs 50000 cash prize
Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has opened the process to apply for ‘Teacher Awards’. Every years on September 5, outstanding teachers of schools affiliated to the the board are awarded with a merit certificate, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
In order to honour both outstanding teachers and principals, the Board has revised the criteria, guidelines and procedure of selection for these awards to make them more objective and transparent.
As per the release of CBSE, the number of awards has been increased from 34 to 48 to motivate teachers across all disciplines.
Important Eligibility Criteria
- Only a working teacher with at least 10 years of regular teaching experience in CBSE affiliated school(s) and working principals with 10 years of regular teaching experience and 5 years as a principal in a CBSE affiliated school(s) may apply for the CBSE Teacher Award.
- A retired teacher is not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. upto 30th April in the year to which National Award/CBSE Award relates) pre-retirement may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions. The service rendered on reemployment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as eligible service.
- Teachers whose names were recommended last year or before but not awarded the National/CBSE Award will be considered again if they are still otherwise eligible and are duly recommended by the Head of the school.
- Applications for the award would be accepted only through an online web portal. Please click here to register http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/award.html.
- Teachers, Counselors, Special Educators, Trainer and Heads of schools themselves shall apply directly by filling the application form online on or before the prescribed last date.
- Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge. If anything is found to be false at any stage of selection, then he/she will be liable to disciplinary action. Even if award is conferred, the same will be withdrawn.
- Top scorers 04 times the number of awards in each category will be shortlisted based on general criteria. For deciding inter-se merit following criteria will be used:
- Experience in related field
- Higher Qualification
- Percentage in Educational Qualification
In case after applying the above criteria for deciding inter-se merit there is a tie, then Chairperson CBSE may decide any other additional criteria to finalise the merit.