Serena Williams continues to lead WTA rankings
London: American tennis player Serena Williams, with 11,285 points, continues to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) world rankings released on Monday.
Spanish Garbine Muguruza qualified for fifth spot with 3,691 points, while Czech Lucie Safarova fell to sixth with 3,406, reports Efe.
Meanwhile, Italian Flavia Pennetta dropped down to seventh place, and Polish Agieska Radwanska to eighth.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 11,285 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,670
3. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 4,692
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 3,851
5. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 3,691
6. Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic) 3,406
7. Flavia Pennetta (Italy) 3,253
8. Agieska Radwanska (Poland) 3,225
9. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 3,220
10. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 3,220.