Federer returns to top 10 in ATP rankings
Melbourne: Swiss legend Roger Federer returned to the top 10 in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) men’s singles rankings released on Monday, after winning his fifth Australian Open singles title here.
Federer, who defeated Spanish great Rafael Nadal on Sunday 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3, jumped seven positions and is now placed 10th, reports Efe.
British Andy Murray continued to lead the rankings and Nadal came in the sixth place.
Canadian Milos Raonic fell to fourth place, while Serbian Novak Djokovic remained in the second spot.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Andy Murray (Scotland) 11,540 points
2. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 9,825
3. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,695
4. Milos Raonic (Canada) 4,930
5. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 4,830
6. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 4,385
7. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3,560
8. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,505
9. Gael Monfils (France) 3,445
10. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 3,260