Two persons electrocuted, 10 others injured
The incident took place at Mallihata village in Jagatpur police station area when some youths were taking out a procession of the goddess “Khudurkuni” on Tuesday for immersion, they said. The revellers had covered the idol with a metal sheet in order to protect the idol from rain. When the sheet came in contact with the 11 KV live wire, the whole vehicle was electrocuted.
Two boys who were holding the metal sheet died, while ten others were injured, two of them seriously. The injured were admitted to a hospital at Cuttack.