Uliburu scam: Court reserves order on Mohanty’s bail plea

35

Keonjhar: A Vigilance court here has reserved order on bail application of former deputy director of Mines Manas Ranjan Mohanty who was arrested in connection with a multi-core Uliburu mining scam.

The court will announce the verdict tomorrow, sources said.

Mohanty was arrested by Vigilance officers here for allowing extraction of huge quantity of iron ore illegally beyond the Mining Lease area of Uliburu Reserve Forest Area in Keonjhar district, a vigilance statement said.

Mohanty and others in connivance with mining Lease holders, fraudulently and dishonestly allowed other accused persons to extract huge quantity of iron ore illegally beyond the Mining Lease area and permitted them to dispatch/sell at under valued price to M/s Deepak Steel & Power Ltd and others causing huge loss to the government exchequer, the statement said.

A chargesheet dated December 31, 2013 had been submitted against Mohanty and others showing him as absconder and Special Vigilance Judge, Keonjhar had subsequently issued non-bailable warrant against Mohanty.

Last month the Enforcement Directorate had issued orders attaching assets worth Rs 400 crore of three firms, their owners and associates in the Uliburu mining scam case which was also probed by Justice (retd) M B Shah Commission for alleged financial irregularities and corruption.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...