Bargarh: Two female elephants were electrocuted at Unani village under Ambabhana block in the district on Friday morning.
According to sources, the jumbos died on the spot after coming in contact with live electric wires which were laid by villagers for poaching boar.
On being informed about the incident, forest officials rushed to the spot and seized the bodies.
“We have seized the carcasses of the pachyderms and investigation is on. Necessary action will be taken against the locals who are involved in the fatal play,” said a forest official.