3 infants among 7 of family suffer burns as LPG cylinder explodes

14

Bolangir: In a tragic incident, seven members of a family, including three infants and two women, sustained critical burn injuries when a fire broke out after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Laxminagar area of the district.

According to sources, the victims were first rushed to the district headquarter hospital here. Later, the infants shifted to Burla Medical College and Hospital in critical condition.

The doctor attending the victims said more than 40 per cent of the body parts of the babies are burnt due to the fire and their condition is critical.

Though the reason behind the blast is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder might have exploded due to leakage in it.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...