Girl child injured after Anganwadi cook ‘accidentally’ throws boiled water on her

26

Bonai: In a shocking incident, a girl child was seriously injured after an anganwadi cook threw boiled water on her at Budhipali Anganwadi Centre under Lahunipada block of Bonai sub division in Odisha’s Sundergarh district on Saturday.

The injured child, Nandi Oram, who sustained injuries on her knee and thigh, was admitted to the hospital by her parents.

“When I asked the cook Kuili Oram about the incident, she told me that she was boiling eggs in a pot. After taking out the boiled eggs, she was taking the pot to throw the water when it accidentally fell on my daughter,” Nandita’s mother Lalita Oram told media persons at the hospital.

She said the cook did not bring her daughter to her house immediately after the incident. “Instead she left my daughter in the house of my sister-in-law, who brought my daughter to my house. On seeing her condition, I immediately took her to the hospital,” she added.

When asked about the incident, the cook said “After peeling off the egg shells, I went out of the kitchen and threw the boiled water which accidentally fell on the child who suddenly came on the way. I was helpless as it happened so suddenly,” she said.

“Why should I throw the boiled water on the child? I have been in charge of cooking in this centre and this unfortunate incident happened for the first time, which was beyond my imagination,” she added.

The condition of the girl child was stable, hospital sources said.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...