Woman burnt alive in house fire

44

Jagatsinghpur: One woman was burnt alive and two others sustained injuries when a major fire broke out at Samantarapur village under Tirtol police limits in Jagatsinghpur district on Wednesday evening.

Sources said when the deceased, identified as Chinmayee Sahu, was lighting a deepa during the evening prayer fire accidentally caught the thatched roof of her house. In a short span of time, the blaze engulfed the house completely and Sahu trapped in the fire was burnt alive.

Sahu’s husband Umakant and neighbour Annapurna Sahoo were also injured critically in the fire mishap.

Also read: 30 houses gutted as fire breaks out in Soro

The injured were rushed to the Patakura Community Health Centre and later shifted to the SCB hospital in Cuttack.

The fire also destroyed eight houses of neighbours and two families have been affected in the mishap.

The local Tehsildar reached the spot and started an investigation into the incident.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...