UGC NET 2017: Students oppose CBSE decision to suspend entrance test

24,036

Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) decision to suspend the entrance test for the first half of the year has been vehemently opposed by the students.

Demanding CBSE to take back its decision, the Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO) has filed a petition in the Supreme Court (SC). SIO has also urged the government to conduct one more entrance test this year for those who will no longer be eligible for the test, says an HT report.

Worth mentioning that the UGC NET exam is usually held in the months of June and December but earlier this year, in its July 11 notification, CBSE announced that test will be held on November 5.

The country is already lagging in imparting quality education to students. Besides, there is already dearth of qualified teachers in degree colleges and scrapping up of the NET exam will further worsen the situation in these educational institutions, said SIO.

Also Read: UGC NET exam 2017: CBSE releases notification

Earlier, the CBSE had approached the Human Resource Development Ministry expressing its inability to conduct the NET exam as it was getting overburdened with other tests such as the JEE and the NEET.

On the other hand, Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar recently announced that the government would take steps to fill teachers’ vacancies across the educational institutions soon.

Also Read: UGC NET 2017 Registration Dates Revised

You might also like

Comments

Loading...