Two-month-old branded with hot iron, hospitalized

46

Malkangiri: A two-month-old baby boy of Chitrangapalli village in Malkangiri district was rushed to the district headquarters hospital today after being branded with hot iron by a village quack.

According to reports, the parents, suspecting stomach pain of their child, consulted a village quack today. The quack applied iron branding on the tummy of the child inflicting grievous injury. As the condition of the child deteriorated, he was rushed first to Kalimela hospital and later shifted to the district headquarter hospital.

Dr Santosh Kumar Sahu, who is treating the child at Malkangiri district headquarter hospital, said the child was suffering from bronco pneumonia and was rushed to the hospital after being branded by a quack at around 11 AM.

“The condition of the child is critical. But we hope that there is chance of improvement in his condition”, he added.

Requesting the people not to seek advice of the village quacks, Sahu said before branding any child, let the quack be applied with iron branding on his body to realize the intensity of the pain.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...