Rourkela: In a suspected case of food poisoning, at least 60 students of Utkalmani Homeopathic Medical College, Rourkela have fallen sick after consuming their meals served in hostel on Sunday night.
The matter came to light today morning as majority of students complained of being ill after consuming their meals at the ladies hostel last night. Out of these students, 5 had to be admitted to the government hospital in Rourkela as their condition deteriorated.
“We had our dinner at around 9:30 pm on Sunday and at 11 pm most of the students started to complain of loose motion and vomiting. Around 80 students had taken their meals while 65 of us have been affected,” said a student.