Puri: Two minor girls were charred to death after a fire broke out inside their house. The incident occurred at Harirajpur in Delanga block in Puri district when a fire broke out in the house of Das Laxmi Das’ house around 1 AM. Laxmi, along with her two daughters and father, were sleeping inside the house.
The fire claimed the lives of both the minor girls on the spot. Moreover, the grandfather of the deceased was also seriously injured in the fire and has been shifted to Khurda hospital for treatment.
“I was sleeping while someone shouted that the house was on fire. I was scared and tried to run with my children. I was crying and suddenly I fell down while my children were left inside. I could not save them,” said Das Laxmi Das
“My daughter was running when she suddenly fell down and lost her consciousness. She also shouted for help. When I reached she was screaming, saying she could not save her children,” said Das Laxmi Das’ mother.
Meanwhile, Delang police have reached the spot and begun investigation into the accident. Police sources suspect mosquito coil or the lamp inside the house could have been the source of the fire.