Kanhaiya Kumar praises Naveen for brushing off BJP
Bhubaneswar: Former president of the JNU Students Union Kanhaiya Kumar on Monday praised Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik at a rally in Bhubaneswar for distancing himself from BJP.
Kanhaiya Kumar who was addressing the Ajaadi Samavesh held in Bhubaneswar to mark the completion of 80 years of the All India Student Federation (AISF) acknowledged Naveen and BJD’s stance towards the saffron party following the Kandhamal riots.
“Our democratic right is to oppose and opposing a government does not tantamount to being against the country. The country has gone back to the pre-independence years and we are being threatened to keep our mouth shut,” rued Kanhaiya while addressing the rally.
The student leader trained its guns at the BJP-led NDA government on a host of issues and slammed it for not fulfilling the promises it made to the people.
“The country is not made up of only 31% of the electorates which voted for the BJP-led NDA Government at the centre. This is democracy and one should not forget that the rest 69% did not share your ideology. He slammed the BJP-led NDA government for dividing the country and putting the blame on others,” said Kanhaiya Kumar.
When inflation will come down, why unemployment has not reduced, and why there have been no concrete plans to eradicate illiteracy, asked Kanhaiya Kumar, while mocking the Prime Minister Narendra Modi by saying country’s fate cannot be changed only with tweeting.
“I have no personal enmity with Modi, but these are ideological differences,” Kanhaiya Kumar added.