Fire erupts in CM’s chamber in State Assembly; no major damage

7

Bhubaneswar: Fire erupted in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s chamber in the Odisha Assembly on Wednesday.

A digital clock in the Chief Minister’ chamber caught fire due to which the whole room was filled with smoke. Apart from a wall-mounted LED TV and its set top box, no furniture in the chamber was damaged.

DGP KB Singh, who rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation, said, “Apparently it seems the fire erupted due to short circuit. Digital clock, which was supplied with electricity melted, due to excess heat causing the fire.”

TK Babu, Assistant Fire Officer, said, “Electric operated digital watch was placed above the TV caught fire due to short circuit. Fire personnel immediately doused the fire at initial stage.”

Subas Acharya, ASE, GED, said, “Due to excess heat short circuit occurred in the digital clock causing fire in which the TV was damaged a bit.”

BJD leader Debasish Naik, who was the first to visit the spot, said, “Fire brigade reached the spot immediately. I believe due to some short circuit, the fire erupted damaging the set top box only. No other damage has occurred.”

The Assembly Speaker and Police commissioner reached the spot immediately to take stock of the situation.

The General Electric department, the fire department and police will investigate into the fire mishap separately.

Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was not present in the chamber during the fire as he was on a Delhi visit.

You might also like

Comments

Loading...