Fire breaks out at medicine store in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Medicines worth lakhs of rupees were gutted as a major fire broke out at Om Pharmacy medicine store located at Acharya Vihar Square here on Friday morning.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire broke out at the medicine store at around 6:10 am today.
On being informed about the incident, two fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control, the sources added.
Though the exact reason behind the outbreak of the fire is yet to be ascertained, an electrical short circuit is suspected to be the main reason behind the accident.
Meanwhile, it has been alleged that some unidentified miscreants have set the shop on fire after their theft attempt failed.
They have also cut the shutters of three more shops in the locality, the locals alleged.
When contacted Bhubaneswar DCP Satya Brata Bhoi he said, “The investigation is on. The truth will come to fore after completion of the investigation.”