Fire breaks out at Jagatpur Industrial Estate


Cuttack: A massive blaze broke out at a plastic rope factory in Jagatpur Industrial Estate in the city on Wednesday night.

On being informed about the incident, six fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control, the sources said.

Also read: Fire breaks out in jewellery shop in Bhanjanagar

Though the exact reason behind the outbreak of the fire is yet to be ascertained, an electrical short circuit is suspected to be a reason behind the accident.

Sukant Kumar Sethi, chief fire officer, said, “The whole godown was engulfed with fire. Six fire tenders including a trailer pump have been pressed into the service. Now the fire is under control.”

You might also like