Dhenkanal: A haiwa truck driver was burnt alive along with the vehicle after coming in contact with a 33 kv electric line near the bypass chhak in Dhenkanal today.
The deceased, identified as Sudam Rout of Ghodadiyan in Odagaon, died on the spot.
The mishap occurred when the haiwa truck unloading stone chips in the premises of the Homeopathy and Ayurvedic district office for construction work, the bed of the vehicle came in contact with the high voltage electric wire leading to electrocution.
Abhinab Dalua, IIC at Dhenkanal Town police station, said, “We rushed to the spot immediately after getting the information. As the truck caught fire after touching the live wire, we brought a fire brigade to douse the blaze.”
Dalua added, “Once the truck owner reaches here and post mortem of the body is done, next course of action will be taken.”