Flipkart and Amazon Recruitment 2018: All that you must know
Bangalore/Bhubaneswar: In case you missed, you need to know that the ecommerce giants Flipkart and Amazon are going to hire for different positions.
While the Flipkart has recently broke the ice of hiring after a two-year lull, Amazon is expected to hire over 1000 interested eligible candidates.
The e-tailer Flipkart is reportedly increasing its headcount in areas of data science and analytics which has over 700 positions.
“Flipkart is aggressively hiring in tech functions. Over 4/5th of all current open positions at Flipkart is for technology functions,” The Economic Times quoted a spokesperson of Flipkart who further added that the “aggressive tech hiring is part of the company’s ‘AI for India’ programme, which leverages Flipkart’s strengths in tech and data to build scalable AI-powered solutions for the country”.
Similarly, Amazon is also is hiring over 1100 people for its Alexa business unit and is in search of Language Engineer to join their Alexa Machine Learning Team. According to a report by Citi Research, Amazon is hiring more than Google, The Financial Express reported.
In its website, Amazon says:
We are looking for a Language Engineer to join our data engineering team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. In this role, you will support a range of data collection efforts, monitor accuracy and throughput standards, and be a key member in new feature development.
Specifically, the Language Engineer will:
– Provide day-to-day coordination of data collection efforts, including planning, scheduling, and reporting
– Measure and analyze accuracy and throughput of annotated data
– Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas
– Write grammars and build FSTs
– Use modelling tools to bootstrap new functionalities
– Handle competing requests from a range of data customers
– Collaborate with other Language Engineers in data collection and feature design efforts
– Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field
– 2+ years experience in computational linguistics, language data processing, semantics, or syntax
– Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
– Experience working with speech and text language data in multiple languages
– Fluency in a major European language, such as German
– Experience with database queries and data analysis processes (SQL, R, Matlab, etc.), and Unix
– Experience programming in Perl, Python, or another scripting language
– Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks
– Experience in writing grammars and building FSTs
– Experience with statistical language modelling
– Practical knowledge of version control and agile development
– Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
– Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary