New Delhi: All the previous allottees of coal mines are required to remove the dry fuel extracted till March 31 by April 8 to ensure their smooth handover to successful bidders at the recent coal auctions.
“It has been decided that the disposal of coal stock extracted till March 31 shall be undertaken. It shall be the obligation of prior allottee to remove such coal stock within a period of seven calendar days by April 8,” an official order here said.
The disposal of stock would take place after a “joint inspection and measurement of coal stock till March 31, 2015 shall be undertaken in presence of representatives of Coal Controller’s Organisation (CCO), prior allottee and successful bidder/allottee on the appointed day i.e. April 1,” it added.
The order said “no inspection” would be required in cases where successful bidders are the previous allottees.
“In the event of failure of prior allottee to remove the coal stock, the successful bidder or allottee shall be entitled to dispose of such stock and appropriate the sale proceeds to recover any cost incurred by the successful bidder or allottee, for the removal of such coal stock,” it said.
Earlier this month, the government successfully completed in two tranches the auction of 33 mines, which are among the 204 blocks whose allotments had been cancelled by the Supreme Court last year.
At a meeting with successful bidders, Coal Secretary Anil Swarup had assured them that they would get all possible clearances and permissions so that coal prospecting could start by April 1.